and Cheese Burger Turkey
Today is Friday and I must admit, it is the end of a working week and the weekend is there stretched in front of you... I like something quick and simple and very tasty. I always make my own burger, so as far as we know there is only the animal in it that was supposed to be in it. And today is turkey day. The lean, breast or thigh mince or even a mix of both is ideal for a yummy, juicy burger. I serve them with home make potato wedges, homemade chilli jam and a side salad. And it all costs less then one meal at the global restaurant with the golden M! And it is done in (almost) no time, too. And considering how much taste you get for invested minutes - priceless!!!
Ingredients for 3-4:
500g turkey mince,
1/2 teaspoon garlic granules,
1/2 teaspoon onion granules,
1 red and 1 green chilli, part deseeded and chopped finely,
4 slices of cheese.
To serve:10-12 chestnut mushroom, sliced horizontally and fried,
1 pepper, cut into thin strips and fried,
home made chilli jam.
Method:1. Put the meat in a mixing bowl, then sprinkle over the chilli, garlic and onion granules and a little salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands or use a fork.
2. Divide the mixture into 3 or 4 equal pieces, then shape with your hands into round burgers about 10-12cm wide and place on a chopping board.
3. Fry the burgers on a hot frying pan for 5 minutes on each side, turning them carefully with a spatula.
4. For cheeseburgers, put a slice of cheese on top of the burgers when you turn them over and let it melt while the other side cooks. When they are ready, cut the burger buns in half and warm them under the grill.
5. Meanwhile, fry the onions in a little oil until brown and soft, fry the mushroom slices and peppers until softened.
6. To assemble the burger, add some onions onto the bottom half of the bun, add the mushrooms, topped with a burger. Add a few strips of roasted pepper and chilli jam over the burger and serve immediately with oven cooked chips.